Prestige Hockey League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Prestige Hockey League

http://www.prestigehockey.net/

PHL will be merging with Leaguegaming.com

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» MOVING TO leaguegaming.com
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:14 pm by I OTP Hero I

» Czech Republic scouting
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 am by buternuts96

» Question of the season.
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:52 pm by NYYankees88

» Quick Reminder: Playoffs
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:32 am by I OTP Hero I

» Hockey Canada PHL Scouting
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 pm by Cnote EvR

» this is 6v6
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 am by I OTP Hero I

» Team USA Scouting
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:32 pm by Ravaqz

» MEGA SWEDISH SCOUTING PARTY
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:52 pm by I OTP Hero I

» PHL Round 2: Dallas vs Calgary
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 pm by I OTP Hero I

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 56 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:24 pm

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ*

I OTP Hero I
    I OTP Hero I

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* Empty HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ*

Post by I OTP Hero I

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *PLEASE READ* Phlann10

Here in the PHL we have been working on a few things behind the scenes to continue to work at making the PHL become the best that it can be. We've been through a lot of bumps in the road, and now are starting to see a lot of potential that can be reached. We know to be able to reach this potential will have to make sacrifices. We understand that with these sacrifices we will need to work hard to maintain positives and build stability , which will lead to growth of the PHL.

Now enough of beating around the bush lets get to the Announcement.

By now you should all know about the PHL Olympic Games. We are very excited to bring this to the community as we feel it will mix things up.

PHL Olympics will be help after every 2 seasons. 

**We will have more info in the up coming days on this topic.**

Game times Change

Here at the PHL we have been running on weekends (Fri-Sat-Sun) since day one. But from now on, starting with the Olympics, PHL will be moving to weekdays.

The Game Days & Game Time  will consist of the following:

Game Days                       Game Times
    Sunday - Thursday             8pm & 9pm est

This move, we feel will benefit PHL. This opens us up to a bigger base of players, also mixed with our current community, we will have all we need to make PHL successful. Hope to see everybody able to make the transition to the weekdays.
    Share this post on: reddit

DaSteelerz

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm by DaSteelerz

Great. Looks like I need to find another weekend league.
    Cnote EvR

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:04 pm by Cnote EvR

This sounds flying sick boys! Now Im pumped for next season....
    NYYankees88

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:06 pm by NYYankees88

DaSteelerz wrote:Great. Looks like I need to find another weekend league.

I'm sorry to say this Steelerz...but there aren't any. We have to move with the times, and the times have made weekend leagues obsolete. If the VHL had to throw away their weekend league because they couldn't get enough people...then yeah...
    l0l Mason l1l

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:11 pm by l0l Mason l1l

#TeamJapan
    Miss Ovechkin 8

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm by Miss Ovechkin 8

8&9 on weekdays... it probably would ave been better to just move the game times to 10&11 or 9&10 on weekends. I'm with you steelers weekend league made this more appealing, the early 8&9 games on the weekend was the issue not the "weekend" part. most people who messaged me about quitting said they wish there were still 10pm games.
    Borcobaby

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:33 pm by Borcobaby

Miss Ovechkin 8 wrote:8&9 on weekdays... it probably would ave been better to just move the game times to 10&11 or 9&10 on weekends. I'm with you steelers weekend league made this more appealing, the early 8&9 games on the weekend was the issue not the "weekend" part. most people who messaged me about quitting said they wish there were still 10pm games.

Couldn't voice this on party when u were in party? But we understand moving to weekdays wont fit everyone's current schedule, but overall we feel it fits overall for gamers. The weekdays have a greater base for game.
    The reason why the 10pm games were removed were , in fact because they were not getting played. They had the highest percentage of forfeits.
    Keneonfire

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 pm by Keneonfire

>.< dam i dont do leagues in the week

maybe i'll play
    NYYankees88

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:59 am by NYYankees88

Keneonfire wrote:>.< dam i dont do leagues in the week

maybe i'll play

Hope you do kene!
    buternuts96

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:37 am by buternuts96

I might have to retire because of this
    Borcobaby

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:56 am by Borcobaby

buternuts96 wrote:I might have to retire because of this

Sorry to hear that man. Please understand this does not go into effect until the start of the Olympics. Season 4 is still on the Weekends.Hopefully when its the time for the Olympics, maybe you will be able to play.
    Svensson x 14

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:48 pm by Svensson x 14

buternuts96 wrote:I might have to retire because of this

well if you do, just remember you have had a HoF type of career here in the PHL. sad to see you go.
    buternuts96

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:14 pm by buternuts96

Jw why wouldn't you guys do thrs-sun 2 games a night you would keep alot more good players and alot more great players will you g and thank you ob3y its funny right as i start getting good im probally gunna have to retire
    Borcobaby

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:40 pm by Borcobaby

buternuts96 wrote:Jw why wouldn't you guys do thrs-sun 2 games a night you would keep alot more good players and alot more great players will you g and thank you ob3y its funny right as i start getting good im probally gunna have to retire

There were plenty of variations that we could of tried. We thought about each possibility. We've been going against the grain on the weekends since we started and struggled with player/owner availability. We've seen Sun-Thurs been great with player availabilities. We want to give the players the chance to play in a league with games being played. On weekends this struggled and going into the summer i see no change, so this is part of reason on the move. This wasnt a split second decision, thought was put into it.
    jimmy124

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 pm by jimmy124

I have to say I like the idea of the national teams but I have to disagree with moveing to weekdays bc u will b competeing against other LG then and some of us have jobs during the week I really enjoy this LG but if u continue the path of going to weekdays I will have retire the phl so i do hope u guys reconsider the move and realize who u would b loseing bc of vhl in same time brackets and with working adults
    I OTP Hero I

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:12 am by I OTP Hero I

why is vhl or lg are so impressive though? Went on both forums and played in both leagues. They are both huge leagues yes, but let's realize something. Is it really fun to play in the VHL CHL? I can see maybe an opportunity to get these decent players to join our league. We aren't talking about caliber, here in the PHL, we want fun to matter again like you have seen in some of our videos. LG isn't amazing in my view, there is as much caca dookie happening on that league as any other one, they have really cool features, but that is it.

We want to work hard on making a competitive league to those 2 giants for now and we will work as hard as possible to get that done. We have tones of ideas and maybe you are scared of us losing a lot of people, but let's understand that from season 1 to now this season, we were just losing more and more people. VHL were really the first to bring this idea of 6vs6 league to the gamers community and that's the only reason they got that far. They are that big because of the word to mouth. They have dedicated people on their site to make the league better and better. They don't care about other leagues, they said it themselves when i asked a question when they making their vhlpa  elections. We will lose people, but we will work hard to get even more  people to join. 150 people if we keep at least 30 people from this season + the league that merged with us + new people that we can get by advertisement on social media and in the gaming communities, we will get those people in here because we want to make your experience funnier and funnier season after season.

Keeping it to a low number of teams will not work during the week because its a way bigger market and keeping it on the weekends will get the same people to stay, but probably the league to close in 1 or 2 seasons. We couldn't run 6 teams full of commited players, how could we grow as a league  by losing teams season after season? Plus there is a big amount of guys in this league a lot younger (15-20) that are going to want to get a job to raise money for their future and jobs aren't easy to find. Most of them are going to ask you to work during the weekends. So weekends are definetely not a good idea. There is a reason why there is none on the gaming market. Doesn't work...

But it's your choice! And I will respect it if you decide to go... I can guarantee you though that mistakes in the past made us better and this league will grow as one of the big week days league. EHL did it becoming LG no? So why the PHL couldn't grow as much?
    Borcobaby

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:13 am by Borcobaby

We understand such a big change will result in some panic within our community. Big changes were needed. We coulda sat here and stuggled with our weekend availability and said to ourselves," What if...". Instead of asking what if, we move we decided to take the risk and test the weekday market.
    This decision is nothing personal towards the players that will not be able to continue to play in PHL. There are ups n downs with every decision (i say that alot, but its true, there is). We see more upside compared to down side.
    We understand their are other weekday leagues, vhl,LG, plus more. We are not trying to compete with these leagues by any means. Personally ild love to work with these league to help all leagues invovled. We are not trying to ruin what works, we are instead trying to take what works and blend it in with what we have. Ive been here for 9 seasons and those that know me or worked with me since taking over, ive tried everything i could think of that the community would agree to work with. Also all the bogs past and present have put alot of time into thinking what can work. As you see with all the dedication, we couldnt get the weekend community to fully commit to the level needed to put on a league where it was fair to all involved. By that i mean by having an active community. Its unfair to see commited players ripped off from a great expeience since the uncommited would not hold up to their word.
    With weekdays we see the chance to get a bigger base of players which would give more commited players to come and create a more active community.
    Back on the topic of other leagues. We know there are other weekday leagues going on but our switch only interferes with one time of the VHL. That would be the 9pm games. Now first look people will think we are competing with them but thats far from the truth. We will be 8pm & 9pm. And for example in vhl you can play 3 games a week, so that has a max of 3 games one player would miss from PHL. Every one would have a different combo of scheduled games and if they play 3 vhl games, they would still be avail for up to 7 Phl games. So if one person has such availability they could play in both.
    For those that dont play vhl and play in Lg, our times only conflict on sundays but this isnt any addition to how it is now as we are not changing our current sunday times. I myself , have too much free time, but for example i play in all 3 and this would remain unchanged with our move. I plan on showing people that it is possible to play in vhl and/or lg or another weekday league without conflict. Also to more prove that we are not competing i will speak to them two leagues and let them know the change and how we plan to help them more then hurt them in anyway. I have respect for the people running leagues, as i know the work involved and determination it takes to run one, let alone make it successful.
    Again i apoligize to anyone that is hurt by the move and if needed i can help them find a league to fit their schedule. From day one i wanted to run a league for you guys, people that enjoy the game like myself. I sacrificed alot to do so on my willing behalf. Ill never make an excuse, and if you know me i take all responsibility and negative reaction. I dont hide from any complaint, i speak to all about anything and i give everyone the respect they deserve, sometimes more. Ill never stop being myself and ill never stop working at achieving my goal, which is to create a fun place to come play hockey on. xbox , and will continue going into the next gen of gaming.
    If people have questions, remember to PM me or hit me up on xbox. You will get more answers through a bog or myself then you would posting you frustrations. I will answer any question with 100% honesty and as accurate as possible. Dont be shy. Its online so i cant bite.
    NYYankees88

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 pm by NYYankees88

clapping

Post  by Sponsored content