Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 56 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:24 pm

PHL Top Plays

ICAPNASTYI

PHL Top Plays

Post by ICAPNASTYI on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 am

I was thinking for PHL season 2 we could do a top plays of the week, but it will require a good amount of participation if we want it to be successful.

All you would need to do is remember to save/upload a replay after the game. Then send me a message on the PHL site using a template(that I will create in the near future). I'm not sure on how we would go about ranking the plays but we'll worry about that later.

Players would be responsible for uploading their own replay to avoid any problems we could run into if some sort of designated uploader was assigned.

bellegr4ine

Re: PHL Top Plays

Post by bellegr4ine on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 am

That is a good idea. We could also name a player of the week. What do you guys think?

jhgf

Post by jhgf on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 pm

im in
    NYYankees88

Post by NYYankees88 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:38 pm

i like it

Season 1 Dallas Stars Owner and Presidents Trophy Winner
    GP:49 G:62 A:90 P:152 S:172 PIMS:58 +/-:0 PPG:17 SHG:1

Season 2 Dallas Stars Owner, Art Ross and Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy Winner
    GP:54 G:78 A:84 P:162 S:226 PIMS:35 +/-:68 PPG:16 SHG:6

Season 3 Dallas Stars GM
    GP:50 G:40 A:50 P:90 S:128 PIMS:43 +/-:-11 PPG:7 SHG:4

Season 4 Dallas Stars GM, Art Ross and Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy Winner
    GP:55 G:89 A:98 P:187 S:216 PIMS:20 +/-:105 PPG:14 SHG:4 WG:21

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Yeah ill be looking to buy a capture card soon. I could get some nice goals/saves/hits for Dallas. Hopefully I can get one soon.
    ICAPNASTYI

Post by ICAPNASTYI on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 am

Pacioretty 67x wrote:Yeah ill be looking to buy a capture card soon. I could get some nice goals/saves/hits for Dallas. Hopefully I can get one soon.

That's good, but I was thinking that the community should take advantage of the in-game replay system and upload directly to the EA site. This would give everyone the opportunity to submit a top play.

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:28 pm

ICAPNASTYI wrote:
    Pacioretty 67x wrote:Yeah ill be looking to buy a capture card soon. I could get some nice goals/saves/hits for Dallas. Hopefully I can get one soon.

That's good, but I was thinking that the community should take advantage of the in-game replay system and upload directly to the EA site. This would give everyone the opportunity to submit a top play.

Yeah thats a good way to get highlights easy and with good quality lol
    Borcobaby

Post by Borcobaby on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:37 pm

still good idea to get a cap card tho Pacioretty

But if you gonan spend 100 on that ild save another 100 and get a pvr

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:12 pm

yeah Yankees showed me a cheap none hd one but i might look for a cheap PVR if you know anyway send me a link lol
    I OTP Hero I

Post by I OTP Hero I on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Are we gonna see some dancing of the official dallas stars mascot in here? That would obviously be a top play, dont everybody agree on this?

PHL Season 1 - Florida Panthers Owner - "Florida Free Agents"
    [b]PHL season 2 - Boston Bruins Defenseman - "1 game playoff final appearance lol"[/b]
    PHL season 3 - Montreal Canadiens Owner - Montreal Joskys/Obeys
    PHL season 4 - Montreal Disaster Owner / PHL BOG

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:27 pm

I do
    HunterFox352

Post by HunterFox352 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Good idea, but i think the only issue with downloading direct via EA would be that the players would have to save the replay and previous to doing so, would have to manually edit the video clips in game after the game is completed. The problem with EA replays is that they dont let you edit the camera view and zoom or whatever after you save the file on your console. I haven't tried to edit off of EA directly but...

I think it would be a hassle for people to be sitting there trying to edit videos and upload them within the time frame before the next game starts (assuming they are scheduled for consecutive games). Some longer clips may take up to 8-10 minutes sometimes. (Example being you want to show someone backchecking and saving a potential goal against, and eventually scoring a goal for their team at the other end of the ice...would be a long replay to upload)

PVR recording devices will make it easier to edit and save content as you dont have to use the replay feature...recording highlights as they happen. Luckily for me, I have screen recording program on by computer. So in my case, EA highlights would work best, but for someone else possibly not the best way to go about it.
    Borcobaby

Post by Borcobaby on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:15 pm

209 for HD PVR.

Owning both i can say that PVR is well worth the money. If your gonna spend hours on creating a video you midaswell have the equipment to where you can make it look at its best. Price is 150 more then the cap card i own but factor in cables ect your running up need $80-$90. if you could wait til u save the extra for pvr it be well wise

Xx Bobrovsky 35

Post by Xx Bobrovsky 35 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Good Idea.... I like it

One question (this might be a stupid question but...) How will we decide on the top play/player? Will it just be the BOGs for everything or something like the BOGs narrow it down to 2 plays/players and the PHL players vote on #1 for each?
    ICAPNASTYI

Post by ICAPNASTYI on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:10 pm

HunterFox352 wrote:Good idea, but i think the only issue with downloading direct via EA would be that the players would have to save the replay and previous to doing so, would have to manually edit the video clips in game after the game is completed. The problem with EA replays is that they dont let you edit the camera view and zoom or whatever after you save the file on your console. I haven't tried to edit off of EA directly but...

I think it would be a hassle for people to be sitting there trying to edit videos and upload them within the time frame before the next game starts (assuming they are scheduled for consecutive games). Some longer clips may take up to 8-10 minutes sometimes. (Example being you want to show someone backchecking and saving a potential goal against, and eventually scoring a goal for their team at the other end of the ice...would be a long replay to upload)

PVR recording devices will make it easier to edit and save content as you dont have to use the replay feature...recording highlights as they happen. Luckily for me, I have screen recording program on by computer. So in my case, EA highlights would work best, but for someone else possibly not the best way to go about it.

As I pointed out before, not everyone has the ability to go out and get a capture device. Submitting it via EA would do just fine and you make it seem so much more complicated than it really is.
    HunterFox352

Post by HunterFox352 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Exactly, I understand that Cap, but the only thing i was worried about is how many players will be working with the edit video function in between games and thus slow the process down. I love the idea of top plays, (possibly use that to advertize the league?) it's just sometimes the replays look too quick in the EA video view and it takes away from the beauty of the big hit or the nifty deke into a toe drag for a goal. You get what I mean? And if we want a hilghlights show of sorts...well, we need a decent video editor to merge stuff together. I would gladly do that myself, but for college studies...
    ICAPNASTYI

Post by ICAPNASTYI on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm

HunterFox352 wrote:Exactly, I understand that Cap, but the only thing i was worried about is how many players will be working with the edit video function in between games and thus slow the process down. I love the idea of top plays, (possibly use that to advertize the league?) it's just sometimes the replays look too quick in the EA video view and it takes away from the beauty of the big hit or the nifty deke into a toe drag for a goal. You get what I mean? And if we want a hilghlights show of sorts...well, we need a decent video editor to merge stuff together. I would gladly do that myself, but for college studies...

Then maybe it would be best for me to make a video tutorial on how to use the replay feature efficiently. As for editing/merging the videos together, it's simple and I will easily do it myself.
    HunterFox352

Post by HunterFox352 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Good call on that one Cap. I find the in-game editor to be the opposite of user friendly. Now as for downloading/re-recording with screen recording program, and then editing is pretty simple, partly to how the only things necessary to make the hilghlights nice is the speed of the various segments of the video. Camera angles have to be done in-game of course.

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 pm

I agree with cap
    jimmy124

Post by jimmy124 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am

Let's b honest I will b top player every week as g Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 pm