NYI no show ?

hijakd

Re: NYI no show ?

Post by hijakd on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:07 pm

oh and btw top if you want to BL me. go for it. cheers
    xxDrtyJerZxx

Post by xxDrtyJerZxx on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 pm

I think if its your league then you should want to run it. Not just have the title because you've been here the longest. My question to toplezz is: Do you care about the PHL anymore? If yes, do something constructive. If no, step down and let others try to better the league.

Also... Hijakd you can't get blacklisted. Who will run the phl when ur gone.
    Minotti x37

Post by Minotti x37 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm

we should not give him the choice... i think we saw enough....

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm

first of all, this is his league. we sh'all offering our help instead of critisized him, but....if our help is rejected and nothing change for best. action must be taking

JoSKY84

Last edited by JoSKY84 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspell)
    hijakd

Post by hijakd on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm

the point here is that a select few of us have been pulling all the weight and are growing tired.
    I Splinter77 I
    CHAT MODERATOR
    CHAT MODERATOR

Post by I Splinter77 I on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 pm

[
    Minotti x37

Post by Minotti x37 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 pm

josky i think ive done more for the league in one hour than top did in the last 2-3 seasons...

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm

lol didnt meant to say that. sorry for the misunderstanding
    Minotti x37

Post by Minotti x37 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 pm

jtaime quand meme !

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:24 pm

oh <3
    Borcobaby

Post by Borcobaby on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:37 am

Sup guys thought i try to give my lil two cents.

I left here because it woulda been unfair to everyone if i stayed and wasnt around like i shoulda been. (<3 cuz my plans fell through shorty after leaving:(
    But i say that to say this.... I passed it on to toplezz because from day one he was a big part with helping out and was one of the more consistant members (not saying he was the only one, cuz i could name off alot of ppl that showed dedication.) but i felt good with the decision. Upon taking it he and i spoke and he assured me he was gonna have the time and i believe that woulda been true but things in life happen that we dont plan on. Like he said he going rhrough a move/ other family related things that i cant comment on because i dont know everything. So all im saying is thank you guys for allowing me the time to make the decision i made with out pressure from the community. If i was toplezz rite now ild like to see maybe a meeting with bogs and top. To discuss this in private. Im saying that because when things like this hit the community things as we see will be said and cause issues to widen . I jus hope that this doesn't make top feel forced to make a decision he cornered into.
    This league is like a family (to me anyway) and i feel more support should be used. Alot of us been here through alot of problems but those that stick around are here for a reason. (Should be cuz you like playing in PHL and that you want nothing but the best here. So if you feel a certain way jus take some time to find the best way to voice it so it is used as a way to have things moved into a positive direction.
    Now before anyone says " Borco you left us , why you even care". Like i said earlier my decision to leave was due to me not having the time to RUN the league. There will never be a point where i dont care. I jus wanted to add my two cents. And of course its long like a story (and mis-spelled words everywhere) but thats me ahah jus really wanna say theres always a positive way to work around something. Jus takes time to figure out the best way to do it.
    Unno if this help anyone but hopefully. Anyways miss yas and ill be back as soon as the door opens for me to do so.
    This is the prestige hockey league. It needs everyone willing to work together (commish/BOGs/owners/players/free agents). Every role has its part in league to run well.

Hope you enjoyed my short story lol
    Borcobaby

Post by Borcobaby on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:37 am

Holy caca dookie. Did i say short story. I meant novel. Damn sorry so long winded
    HunterFox352

Post by HunterFox352 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:50 am

Exactly what I wanted to say Borco. (Where's that *clapping* smiley when you need it?)

The point is, instead of people pointing fingers at one another, we should be making the effort to discuss the issues and possible solutions with one another. People have real world issues, and realistically, nobody in this league has a perfect understanding of anyone's issues other than their own. So really, you cant go off on each other without knowing what's really going on.

I worry that we are starting to forget why we joined HVHL/PHL to begin with. We wanted to be in a competitive environment with as even a playing field as possible. EASHL is utter garbage at providing a fair playing field (This is especially true for those who play 6's) as there are no punishments for a goalie bailing after letting in 1 goal (and suddenly it's impossible to score) or how about the fact that GM's of clubs can just throw anyone out that they want without a moment's notice, and suddenly those players can not join a club for 12 hours....*facepalm*

Or how about the nonsense that EA gives us with the "Leaderboards" for online play? Yep, scoring more points than anyone else means you are the best right? Oh wait, no it doesn't. So you know what we did? We completely disregarded the EA Leaderboards. They are irrelevant in this league. We have our own Leaderboards that EA should take a look at and put you know where.

And then of course there are the glitchers, and the 2's players that only know how to call for a pass and skate forward. Put these "amazing" players into a 6v6 game, and they are horrible. We came to this league for a higher standard of playing skill when we improved so much that OTP became a big joke to us. We came to this league when other leagues regarded us as "unknown" players, and deprived us of playing time we earned, and gave the popular players more games, even though we were better.

PHL gives us a chance to come together, and play games against people who want to play (as opposed to trolls who take penalties constantly, or stay inactive all game, or boost in OTP) PHL is a great opportunity to go from unknown rookie to recognized all-star within a few seasons. And what's even better? No matter how good you are, you're constantly being evaluated. Great players can become first round caca dookie picks if they take their foot off the gas for even a bit. The powerhouses shift in this league from season to season. There are no permanent dynasties. PHL is the #1 league, no debating that. Even the middle-of-the-road players have an impressive amount of talent.

So how about we take a moment to think about all this and come to realize how lucky we all are to be in this league?
    Bones26

Post by Bones26 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:47 pm

As a rookie in the PHL (just 3 weeks of time in thus far), I’ve been following the back and forth on this post with some interest, and up until the last posts from Borcobaby & Hunterfox352, not without some considerable dismay at the negative vibes that were developing in the exchanges being posted, leaving me wondering exactly what I might have signed up for, or even if the PHL would not perhaps blow itself up before Season 3 could even be completed.

Again as a rookie here and obviously lacking in the knowledge of much of the history of the PHL, I also did not feel it my place to weigh in with an opinion on the matter being discussed especially given the turn it had appeared to have taken amongst the more established contributors.

But with that being said, what I do feel comfortable contributing my two cents worth on, (and fully acknowledging that 2 cents (Canadian) is about all it is worth), is to embrace the sentiments expressed by the last two posters, and support what I see as their call for a more constructive dialogue to help ultimately improve this league and help it grow & prosper.

Hunterfox352 has for me at least nailed down perfectly the reason why I joined and why I was pleased to have been selected to play for a club in the PHL this season. Perhaps it is simply my naiveté, but this was why I assumed all of us signed up to play and contribute to this league. So to the genesis of this post, and this goes for all of us myself included, unless you were raised by a pack of dogs, simple common courtesy & good manners that you were taught in grade school should dictate that if you know in advance that you are not going to be able to fulfill your commitment s to the PHL community, for whatever reason, then please get ahead of the curve and drop a line to the those who need to know.

We can all understand that life can sometimes get in the way and from what I’ve seen thus far there is I think a pretty good tolerance and understanding when it does, but It’s not all that hard to drop someone a line and let them know you have had to go on injury reserve and from what I’ve seen, the league goes to great lengths to adjust to these unexpected circumstances on the fly. Imagine how much more easier and considerate it would be to their own time & energy to give them the luxury of doing so in a more orderly fashion.

Oh and if you can’t be bothered to do that, the short of being unexpectedly incapacitated…why did you sign up in the first place and honestly, why are you still even here?

P.S. By the way I don’t know hiakd anymore than what I see & can read on this site, but he does seem to be everywhere, and is one amongst a few others who have become the de-facto face of the PHL as it were in my mind, and I think that if he says he and the others are getting tired, then maybe we should ask we can do to help or this is all going to slowly fall apart… (o.k. so that’s 3 cents worth … LOL)
    Hii Friendd
    PHL MEDIA TEAM
    PHL MEDIA TEAM

Post by Hii Friendd on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 pm

NYI is now under new management. Minotti and I will do whatever we can to ensure that NYI plays 8 games each weekend from here on out.
    x9 DUCHENE

Post by x9 DUCHENE on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 am

Hii Friendd wrote:NYI is now under new management. Minotti and I will do whatever we can to ensure that NYI plays 8 games each weekend from here on out.

You're bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:37 am